Mr. Smith's Premium Partner New York Fashion Week Competition Terms & Conditions
By entering the Mr. Smith Premium Partner New York Fashion Week Competition, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
1. Standard Conditions
- Entry to the competition considers acceptance to these Conditions of Entry.
- The promoter is Mr. Smith ABN: 13 154 199 103 (‘Promoter’).
- The competition is governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia.
- Entry is open for Australian salons only who carry Mr. Smith products and are Mr. Smith Premium Partners.
- Employees and immediate families of the Promoter, suppliers, providers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether by natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- Promoter’s decision to disqualify an entry is final and the Promoter is not required to provide notice of determination to any entrant. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries.
3. How to enter
- The competition will commence from 1st October 2022 and conclude on 16th December 2022 (the ‘Promotion Period’).
- To enter, the salon must be a Mr. Smith Premium Partner. At the end of the promotion period, the eligible salons will automatically be allocated entries.
- The higher you are in the Premium Partner program — the more entries your salon receives. Tier 1: 6 x entries, Tier 2: 3 x entries, Tier 3: 1 x entry.
- The winning salon must pay all outstanding invoices for the promotion period before the $3,000 credit will be paid to them.
- This competition is a game of chance. winners will be randomly drawn via a random generator (‘Criteria’).
4. How to win
- Each eligible salon who qualifies in accordance with clauses 2 and 3 will be entered into the competition.
- The winner will be selected according to the Criteria at 12:00PM AEST on 20th December 2022 at Mr. Smith Head Office.
- Winner will be notified in writing by email following the selection (within 48 hours).
- The winning salon can nominate ONE team member to receive the prize.
- The prize can only be redeemed by a staff member of the winning salon who is employed at the time that the prize is redeemed.
- By entering the competition, the winner agrees that the Promoter may publish their name on its social media channels following acceptance of the prize.
- There will be one 1st prize winner. The prize winner will receive the following prize package (each a ‘Prize Pack’)
One 1st prize winner will receive:
$3,000 AUD credit for flights and airport transfers.
- 5 nights accommodation from 10th-15th February 2023 at Arlo SoHo Hotel, New York (subject to availability).
- Access to assist backstage at one New York Fashion Week show.
- The prize package awarded to:
- One 1st prize winner is valued approximately AUD 5660.
- The prize is NON-TRANSFERABLE / NON-EXCHANGEABLE / NON-REPLACEABLE / NON-UPGRADEABLE and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- All additional costs required to cover flights, cost of additional accommodation, meal, travel taxes, travel insurance (if any), spending money and all other ancillary costs, as well as obtaining any of these, is the responsibility of the winners.
- No changes to the itinerary are permitted by the winners. Any changes allowed to the itinerary by the Promoter in its sole discretion subject to standard fees and surcharges will be the responsibility of the winner(s).
- If for any reason the 1st prize or the 2nd prize winner(s) drops out of the prize due to health or personal reasons, the Promoter in its sole discretion has the right to select another winner or withdraw the 1st Prize Pack to the extent permitted by law.
Please note that due to the nature of Fashion Week, show details are often not confirmed until the very last minute or are changed at the very last minute. Communication will therefore be relayed once received by our team. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
6. Unclaimed Prizes
- In the instance a Prize Pack remains unclaimed by the original winner, then a redraw will take place, the redraw winner will be notified in writing whilst having their details published on the Mr. Smith social media channels. The redraw will take place on 10th August 2022.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason the winner does not take the prize (or an element of the prize), then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- The Promoter’s decision to withdraw an unclaimed prize is final and no correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility will be taken for any failure to claim a prize within the specific period.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoter (including, but not limited to, any travel restrictions or related matters connected with the Covid-19 pandemic), the Promoter reserves the right to, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any cancellation, delay or rescheduling of flights and any costs incurred as a result (including without limitation, accommodation costs) will be the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any cancellation, delay or rescheduling of New York Fashion Week. In such, the prize pack will be forfeited or offered for 2023 Fashion Week at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered or incurred (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Prize Pack except for any liability, which cannot be excluded by law.
8. Intellectual Property
- In accepting the Prize, each Prize Winner agrees to participate and cooperate as required in all marketing activities relating to the competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed plus possible requests to post onto social media about any component of the Prize. The Prize Winner grants the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive license to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide and each Prize Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- The Promoter collects contact information about entrants in order to conduct the competition and where appropriate award prizes and may also use the information to assist the Promoter in providing goods and services and to contact entrants in the future with special offers via any medium including email and social media.The Promoter may disclose the entrants’ personal information to third parties including its contractors and agents, prize suppliers and service providers to assist in conducting this Promotion and to the State and Territory lottery departments as required under the relevant lottery legislation. If the entrant does not provide the information, they may be ineligible to enter or claim a prize in the competition.